Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Heart Like Jesus

Colossians 3:9,10

In this section I learned about the characteristics of Jesus' heart. His heart was pure, peaceful, purposeful, and spiritual. All direct and exact characteristics. There is no questioning any of these. Yet when I think of these attributes as applied to my heart there are some questions whether they apply to me 100% of the time with me living them out every step of every day. I was challenged with the question "If your heart was replaced with Jesus' for one day would people notice?" during the introduction to this book. And I think now that I know the characteristic of His compared with mine, the answer would be yes. Yes people would notice. Should they be able to tell? No. We should have our hearts so in sync with the heart of Jesus that no one would notice. I will be challenged to live every opportunity that I encounter on a daily basis with this in mind. Live with the characteristics of the Jesus' heart and your daily walk will be pleasing to the Lord.

(How do the words "in sync" not make you want to get up and dance?)
(Aint no lie, baby, bye bye bye)

No comments:

Post a Comment