Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Time Flies

Wow. It has almost been a week. Yikes.
I feel like I am totally missing out when I am not in the word. I used to think that doing a devotional would be like a chore, now I am finding that it is encouraging and something that I look forward to.
So back to it....

The Heart of Worship
Psalm 100:4

This is all about entering into worship with an open heart, a heart of thanksgiving. I think this day was chosen for me right now. It connects to this time in my life two ways. First is the obvious, Thanksgiving is next week. It is a time that we reflect on what we are thankful for. This shows us that we are to do this year round and be excited about showing it. The second is a story from this past weekend (see, if I would have not skipped a few days the timing wouldn't work with the next story) we had a few technical difficulties at church. The service went over, instead of 1 hour it was an hour of worship music and then Pastor Ed began to preach. And when he started preaching he brought the thunder! If you are curious about the end of the world and you want to know what is going to go down, check out fellowshipchurch.com and watch this weekends message. It rocked! When they announced that things were running behind a few people left, sorry they missed out, but thousands of people stayed. That's having a heart of worship, I wish I would have been able to hear our worship team rock out some music for an hour. So that's what today's scriptures are about, a heart of worship. And I know when our hearts are right we can worship to our fullest capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment