Monday, August 30, 2010

Squirrel vs. Rat

When I was in a psychology class in college my professor posed a question to the class that I have often thought about. She asked why do people think squirrels are cute and rats are gross? She said they are essentially the same animal, one just has a fuzzy tail. I am guilty. I think squirrels are cute. I know they are rodents and carry many diseases but I can't help but to think they are cute. I have even been guilty of trying to sneak up on one and try and pet it.




2 comments:

  1. Well, I do have to say that generally squirrels don't sneak into your house, get into your food and then leave poo and urine all over your stuff.

    That's just my thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At UNT they have an albino (spellcheck) squirrel that runs around. I couldn't help but want to make it my pet for the time that I went to school there.

    ReplyDelete