Monday, September 27, 2010

Um......No Thank You!

Yesterday Landon and I had to make a quick run to the neighborhood Walmart to grab some soup for Mandi jo who was at home couch-bound.

I asked Landon if she had to go potty before we left home and of course she said no. And of course when we got there she started to do the pee-pee dance. So off we go to the public restrooms. Joys of being a dad of a daughter. Thankfully the family restrooms are popping up everywhere so I don't have to walk her past the urinals to get to the safety of the stall. So we got back to the potties (at the very back of the store) and the men's was blocked by the janitor's cart and the family restroom was locked. OH NO, decision time. (ps Why is there always only 1 family restroom?) Do I wait? Is the family one locked because it is occupied? Or because it is being cleaned also? So I did what anyone would do. Panic! And in my state of just standing and staring at the family restroom door we had a very awkward conversation:

Walmart Lady: "Does she need to go to the bathroom?" <--- What was your first clue?
Me: "Um....Yes"
Walmart Lady: "I can take her to the girls restroom."
Me: "Um....No Thank You." <----- With a very confused and befuddled face I'm sure.
Walmart Lady: "Oh, it's ok, I work here." <---- Obvious by the name tag. She was sure to point it out.
Me: "I think we will wait."

Then a miracle happened. A dad with his little girl came out of the family restroom. It was like a ray of sunshine came shining out. I almost cheered. We ran in as quick as we could.

So after that ordeal when we came out I thought I would get her a little treat from daddy. So I approached another guy in a name tag. This one a little less creepy. I asked him where we could find the kites. (Landon learned at church this weekend that God made the sky, so I thought this would be a fun activity for us.) His answer was we don't have any...... ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

So we just got some soup and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment