Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Scary

Alright, I admit, I havent been doing these days consecutively. And that is because in The Next Step guide it says nowhere that these 31 days are to be done consecutively (thank you Ed Young). Mandi jo is on vacation this week so we are spending some quality time together and it is fantastic, so I am squeezing in some reading when I can. Trying to keep myself in the habit. It is easy for me to procrastinate, see earlier post.

Day 10
Matthew 22:1-14
- OK, yet another parable I have never heard. And I think I know why. ITS SCARY. Jesus starts the story with an event that everyone loves, a wedding feast. Dinner, cake, little cute appetizers, cheese plates, and dancing too Im sure. But then it gets kinda ugly. He compares the kingdom of heaven to a feast a father has prepare for his son. Sounds good. Then this particular one becomes open for everyone. Again sounds good. I see the parallel between this party and the party that is prepared for all of us in heaven. Then the father approaches one of the guest that is at the feast, I can picture him doing the chicken dance with a piece of cake in one hand and a glass of wine in the other, and asks him why he is not in the proper attire. The man is stunned. Then the father has him thrown out into the darkness. Wow. Tossed out for not being in the proper clothing. This is going to remind me that we are all invited to the party, but not all of us get to stay there. We better be dressed for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment