Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sermon on the Mount

Day 6
Matthew 5-7
- Day 6 was a big one. A BIG ONE. Not only have I only been reading a few verses at a time and this one is 2 full chapters, but this one was The Sermon by The Man. Im thinking this one may take a few days to fully download it to my brain. I have heard most of what Jesus taught in this sermon and have applied most or all of it into my life already, but what I didnt know is where it all came from. I didnt know that he sat down with his disciples and laid it all out like this. Wowzers! I can only imagine their facial expressions when He was done. I bet their jaws were on the ground and their eyes glued to His and you could probably hear your toe nails growing. What a powerful place to be. What I am taking away from today is the authority and the passion in which Jesus delivered his words here.

No comments:

Post a Comment