Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to the Grind

Day 14
Luke 11:1-13

- Truth be told I read these verses on Sunday morning before going to church. I havent gotten around to writing this entry until now because life has been a little hectic around the Day house. But I did read it, I did apply it, and I do have a story to tell about it.


- Today's section was about prayer and how to pray. In it is the Lords Prayer (which my wife and I proudly recited at a wedding Saturday night.) Jesus tells us how to pray and what prayer can do for us. It is an easy read because He says what you would expect Him say about prayer. But at the end of the last verse Jesus says that as a father when your son asks for something you know to give him your best, so imagine how much more your Father in heaven can give of the Holy Spirit to those who ask.


- This is just what I did. After reading and before I woke Landon up to get ready for church I bowed my head and prayed for the Holy Spirit to guide my words while I worked that morning. I asked Him to speak through me to the parents that would come to the nursery so that they could enjoy a worry free worship experience. And that He did. I had a few conversations Sunday that I normally dont feel 100% comfortable with, and He guided my words perfectly. I could see on others faces the impact that I was making, and it was all the Holy Spirit that I had just prayed for a few hours earlier. God answers prayers. And He does at the right time in the right place.

And that concludes page 1:


No comments:

Post a Comment