Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Great I AM

Day 20
John 15
-Vines and Branches

Jesus says in this chapter "I am the vine." He tells us that he is the vine and we are to be the branches that bear fruit. He says that branches that don't bear fruit are cut of and thrown in the fire and the branches that do bear fruit are pruned so that they can bear even more fruit. All I can think about after I wrote my last post is the movement of this picture. There is always something being done to advance the production of the vine. I am glad to be a part that is attached and look forward to bearing more and more fruit.

I really like verse 16, it says:

You did not choose me,
but I chose you and appointed you
to go and bear fruit-
fruit that will last.
Then the Father will give you
whatever you ask in my name.
I think this is an eye opener for me. He already knows what fruit I will bear and He is pruning me so that it will be amazing. I have gotten a glimpse of what God has in store for me and I look forward to the day when there is a huge bundle of grapes hanging from this branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment