Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Quiet time should be Quiet

Today I thought it might be a good idea for Landon to see me reading my bible. Good thought maybe. She has been asking us a lot lately for us to read her the bible we bought her last Christmas. So we have, and that is why I thought it would be a good idea for her to see me doing the same thing. The only thing I didn't account for was The Little Einsteins where on television at that time. That girl really loves Annie and she is not shy about telling you that. And that is just what she did. It didn't help that in the episode something was taken from Annie and she had to get it back, Landon was extra fired up. So what I learned today was to stay quiet in your quiet time. It is really hard to focus on understanding your reading when there is a play by play of rocket chasing big jet while you are studying.


Day 19
John 10
Good Shepard
- In this chapter Jesus compares believers to a flock of sheep and Himself to the good Shepard. What a great analogies and a great visual representation of believers following their Savior. Jesus tells the story perfectly. He tells of the flock only listening to its Shepard. He tells of the Shepard being the leader and protector. I have heard these words many times along the way but reading them all at once was powerful today. There are many verses that can stand alone and that are extremely powerful, but reading them all together and in context has been good for me today.





No comments:

Post a Comment