Monday, September 21, 2009

The Holy Spirit

Day 18
John 14:16-31
John 16:5-15

-This explains a lot. The Holy Spirit is sent by Jesus to be a direct line of communication from Him to us while He is spending time with The Father. It is a constant reminder that He is always with us even when He is away. The Holy Spirit is also to be listened to just as you would listen to Jesus if He where right in front of you talking. I can only imagine the intensity in which I would listen if Jesus where standing face to face with me. I would be hanging on every word and would be eager to do as I was told. As soon as the words came out of His mouth I would start to put movement behind them.
I look forward to putting movement behind what the Holy Spirit lays on my heart. This has been something that I do not always do, it is easy to ignore a call to action that is not spoken aloud. But after reading these words I now know that when the Holy Spirit talks we better listen. It is a direct message from Jesus whom is with The Father right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment