Monday, September 21, 2009

Forward Motion

I have a feeling that our family is moving in the right direction. I say that not to say that we don't have obstacles or stresses or setbacks. I say that because I can see that we are all making efforts to move forward and to take positive steps in our lives. This is my blog and I can brag on my family!

I don't think that we are on the verge of changing the planet or curing hunger in 3rd world countries. But I do think that we are doing a lot of things right and that is worth recognizing. We are all taking small steps to improve our lives and the lives of others around us and we should remain focused on that opposed to focusing on the small things that occur daily that can frustrate us or keep us from realize the real momentum that we are building together.

We do have our daily grind that keeps us grounded and we wouldn't change it for anything. But we should step back and look at the big picture. We are doing things right. And even though sometimes small things seem to stack up we should remain optimistic about our future. Our future is bright, and we should be eager to get there and enjoy the sunshine.

So when Landon throws a bowl behind the recliner instead of into the sink when she is done, I will remind myself that she is exploring boundaries that we have set up. I will enforce our rules and look forward to the young lady she will become because of the foundation that we are preparing for her now. And when Lillian sticks every small piece of anything she finds on the ground in her mouth, instead of getting frustrated I will remind myself that she is exploring the world around her so that she can understand it and conquer it someday. (Also I will be reminded to vacuum more often) And when Mandi jo reminds me of something for the 100th time I will not get frustrated, I will remind myself that it is so we stay on the same page and always convey to our children that we are unified, and remind myself that I have a bad memory, if I can remember to do that.

So, NO, I do not think that we are about to make some super huge contribution to the world, or that we are about to have some big life changing moment. But I do know that we are making positive step in life. Lillian is about to turn 1. Landon is almost 3, not yet though lets not get moving to fast. And Mandi jo and I are strengthening our marriage. Those are all things I think are worthy of a guy to stand up and say, "I'm proud of my family."

No comments:

Post a Comment