Thursday, October 1, 2009

Double Dose of Fun

Day 25
John 17
- Prayers of Jesus

OK, busted again for having a wandering brain. Yesterday I read my daily reading during the normal girls nap time. But I didn't blog. I got sucked into a podcast that I had downloaded. My plan was to give it a peek and then do some blogging. But right away I was hooked. It was a sermon by Pete Wilson called Religion Lies. The title says it all, shocking and intriguing. Then that led me to checking out his blog. That guy has it going on. So he blogged yesterday about his prayer life, wow, making a circle back to what I had just read about. So back to the prayer of Jesus. This was Jesus' prayer to His Father about Himself, His disciples, and all believers. You can't help but get caught in the majesty of His prayer. It is powerful. Unlike a lot of the other stuff I have been reading this is the first time that I have read this. And I was excited. It charged me up that way back then Jesus Himself said a prayer here on earth for me. Well and for everyone else too. He tells us to become one with other believers just as He and The Father are one. So lets get hooked up and plugged in together and make an impact for the kingdom.

Day 26
Luke 22:47-23:25
- Trials

Now I am back to reading things that I know what is going to happen. And this is one that is hard to read. I know what the end result of the trials of Jesus are going to be. I know that it fulfills what Jesus was to do on earth. I know that without it our sins aren't washed clean by His blood. I know that He knew what was going to happen, and was OK with it. But for me, it still pains me to know that my Savior had to go through this for all of us. We don't deserve what He went through. There were many times after He was taken that He was almost let free. And for us it is easy to wish that He was. But because He wasn't, and because He went through the crucifixion, we are now free. We can embody the freedom that we wished for Him during His trials. We can stand up for Him.

1 comment:

  1. As I read your blog for this one I noticed that you picked up on the fact that Jesus knew he was going to be put on the cross. He even knew who would do it and when it would happen. So because the jews and especially Judus condemned Him, are they going to burn in hell for eterinity for fulfilling the purpuse that God had for there lives. Praise the Lord for His sacrifice of Love and Grace to all mankind!

    ReplyDelete