Friday, October 2, 2009

INRI

Day 27
Luke 23:26-56
- The Crucifixion

What a sad day to read about. There is much pain and many tears on this day in history. The day our Savior was mocked, beaten, and hung with common criminals. But I knew what I was about to read, and today I am reminded that even though we know the story it is still important to re-read these things. I noticed in the text that there were many things that I now see new importance in. Basic teachings that are intertwined in this story. One of the criminals on the cross next to Jesus acknowledges that he had done wrong and takes ownership of it, repents, asks Jesus to save him. Simple. And Jesus says, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with Me in paradise." Another basic teaching is keeping the sabbath holy. After His death the women who were going to prepare spices and perfume for His tomb stopped and rested on the sabbath. How easy it would be to work right through the day and night when you are preparing the tomb for Jesus, but these women rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment