Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Great Commission

Day 30
Matthew 28:16-20

- Alright this is it. The great commission given by Jesus after His resurrection. And He made it simple. Go make disciples of the nations, baptise them, and teach them. Three simple steps. I don't know about everyone else, but when I think about the Great Commission I think there is going to be some grandiose speech and instructions. But Jesus kept it simple. Don't get me wrong; it is powerful, it is commanding, and it surely isn't an easy task; but He kept it simple. And that is what we are to do. We have to first do those things our self, but then we are called into action to go and make progress and take territory for the kingdom.

Alright I know I kept a major section of scripture simple. That's what He did, so I can follow in His footsteps. Now for the rest of the girls nap time I am going to watch a sermon that I downloaded onto my i-pod. It's titled "Darwin, Disney, and Democrats" should be an interesting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment