Monday, October 5, 2009

Road to Emmaus

Day 29
Luke 24:13-35

Alright back to the next step. Last night I really wanted to get back into my study, but I had to tell myself that it was Sunday and I needed to rest. That is something that my wife and I are trying hard to do, take time to rest. Last night after a weekend of worship and being in God's house I was on a high, I wanted to soak up more of His Word. But I took a step back and now it is time to get going again.

- In these scriptures there are two men walking along the road to Emmaus. They are talking about what had just happened in Jerusalem when the women went to the tomb. They were greeted by a man walking with them, little did they know that this man was Jesus. They talked and bounced questions off each other in a casual conversation. Kinda funny to think about this scenario. These guys were clueless at the time. They didn't know that they were talking to Jesus until He broke bread with them at the dinner table that night. I wish I could have seen the looks they gave each other.

- These were the men that got to go back to the 11 and tell all the people that Jesus was in fact alive. They had seen Him with their own eyes. I bet they RAN the 7 miles back to Jerusalem to tell of the good news. How exciting it is to know that our Lord will use common people to deliver extraordinary news. He trusts every one of us to tell His story and share good news with others. It isn't just a job for pastors, deacons, and other heavy hitters, this job is for us. The common folk that get to tell an uncommon story.

No comments:

Post a Comment