Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hearing God's Music

Zephaniah 3:17

Confession, I did not know that Zephaniah was even a book of the Bible. But I looked it up and it is on page 1008 of my New International Version Bible. It even takes up 3 whole pages. Who knew?

So with that out of the way. On to today's study. It is about music. Right up my alley, NOT. I have shared before that I have zero rhythm. But this one speaks right to me. It is about going with the music that God has prepared just for you. The author has laid out a scene in a dance hall in which no one is dancing because there is no band. Then one lone musician comes in and starts to sing a beautiful song. Some are sceptical of his credentials, some sceptical of his skill, but some are willing to listen and dance. This can be the scene in life. We are all able to hear "the music" but not all of us are willing to stand up and dance. I for one like to dance in the privacy of my home. But I need to take it to the street.

The above verse says that the Lord will delight in you. What a humbling thing to hear. And in the reflection section of the devotional it asks, how would it affect you to hear God whisper to you "I delight in you." It would totally mess me up. Sometimes I fail to dance all the time and listen to what God is saying and doing in my life. But I guarantee if I heard it I would pay extra attention. I need to work on hearing the music 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment