Monday, November 2, 2009

God's Translator

Colossians 1:15

Over the past few weeks I have been learning about the characteristics of Jesus. Some of the roles that He took on. And some of the ways He conducted Himself on Earth.

Today is about a way of life. He is always a translator for God. He doesn't do or say anything unless it is spoken from God first. He lets God's words and ways flow right through him. Emotions, words, and actions. What a way to live. A perfect reflection of God on Earth. Everything that is happening through Jesus on Earth is a translation of what God is saying from Heaven. And this is what God desires for us. It is all about living like Jesus, so this is no exception, we should be living our life as a translation of the Word.

In this section the author writes about Romans 8:29. I have heard Romans 8:28 many times. It is a feel good verse. But when I read about verse 29 about being "predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son" it made me wonder how it all reads in context. So I opened my Bible. If you read 28 thru 39 it will have a different meaning to you. It isn't about everything being gumdrops and lollipops, it is about even the difficult things working to the greater good of God. I am glad I opened up the Word and got filled up this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment