Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lets Get This Party Started

Alright, confession, I didn't really want to read the new devotional. It is big. It is way bigger and more in depth than the Next Step Guide I was reading. The Next Step Guide was short and right to the point. This one is big and makes you think, pray, reflect, and journal. And I was scared of what it would push me to do. But..... I decided to read the introduction, and Bam, I was hooked. So lets get it going.

If the Next Step Guide had hands this is how I think it would interact with you:
It would gently put its hand on your shoulder to get your attention. Turn you to look into its gentle eyes as to show you it was going to nurture you. Hold your hands as you read the Bible. Gently turn you in the right direction. And then give you a little at-a-boy pat on the back side to encourage you to chase your dreams.

Now, if the Just Like Jesus devotional had hands:
It would grab you by the collar of your shirt and jerk you straight towards it. Stare straight into your eyes with a very deliberate glare to show you it means business. Reach directly into your chest to transform your heart. Grab the core of your body to shake some sense into you. And then thrust you forward, not to point you toward where you were supposed to go, but to force you to take some steps.

Now I'm excited! I was a little nervous as to where this thing was going to go. But now I'm fired up. I read Day 1, and I'm pumped. This thing is going to force me to get real with myself, make some transformations, and get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment