Monday, November 2, 2009

My Happy Place

Yes, this is my night stand.

This is what I see every day when I crawl into bed. It really does bring me joy every time I see it. That is why I am calling it my happy place. The figure is the church that Mandi and I got married in 5 years ago. My grandparents gave it to us, they were members of the small historical church when it was established. What a special gift. The poem in the picture frame was given to us on our wedding day by Mandi's grandparents. It is personalized with our names and the date. The cross (which is hard to see, it is a camera phone picture) was also a wedding present. When I look at this arrangement I am reminded of our wedding day and of the role that family plays in our lives. It's my happy place.

And this. This is Lillian's happy place:



No comments:

Post a Comment