Friday, January 22, 2010

Spiritual Hunger

Today is Friday. It is the day that we spend eating lunch with my wife and getting prepared for the weekend. Normally I don't do my Bible study on Fridays, I take this day to prepare for weekend worship. But today is different. Today I have a desire to read, learn, and pray. Today I want to continue my fasting devotional.

Today's devotional is an overview of fasting. A general look at fasting. It all started with Jesus, Mark 1:12-13. He did it, so then we should also. He withdrew from the world to focus and pray. So we should also. He was tempted. We will be also. He was ministered to by angels. We will be also. What an encouragement. To know that when we withdraw and start to have a spiritual hunger the angels of heaven will begin to minister directly to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment