Tuesday, June 8, 2010

BE: Christlike

Today I am reflecting on what the motives were for all that Christ did while he was on Earth. He did many amazing things; healed, delivered, fed, clothed, led, and all where rooted in one emotion: Compassion. Jesus didn't do anything outwardly until He was led inwardly to make a move.
So today's selah raised a great question

When you think about imitating Jesus, what is the first thing that comes to mind? Do you think about reproducing His actions, or do you consider His inner motives and attitude?
When I think about answering that question it hits close to home. I have been thinking about "things" that I would like to do. When I dig deep into those thoughts I realize they are about the action without the motivation. They are about the results without the personal transformation. But when I flip the thoughts around, and think about what I am compassionate about, I realize that there are many "things" that I am already doing that are motivated by compassion for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment