Thursday, June 10, 2010

BE: A Pilgram

Many people when they look for inspirational words will quote Shakespeare...

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players; they have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts."
Sounds romantic, but boy did he miss the ball on that one. Life isn't all about acting it is about doing. It is about being on a pilgrimage. Like throw on your top hat, grab your cornucopia, and get going. It is about being a wanderer and just "being."
We are told our call to action about being Pilgrims on a journey in 1 Peter 2:11-12.
Today I am reflecting on my reading and the Bible verse that I read. But I learned something else today. While reading Landon asked me if she could read. So I read aloud to her from my devotional. I know she didn't get it (anything more that Dr. Seuss is over her head) but it was nice to hear the words out loud. It made them seem more real and more alive. It was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment