Monday, June 7, 2010

Selah

Well this is back to the basics. While reading a book by Christine Caine I realized my blog is about to go full circle and back to the basics.
When I started this blog it was to journal while I was doing my daily devotional. And in the past few months I have gotten away from that. I am not going to stop blogging about my personal experiences and doings of the family. But I will be getting back to my daily devotional and journaling about my spiritual growth.
She suggested taking an example from the book of Psalms and enjoying a time to reflect. The psalmist often uses the term "selah" which is thought to mean to stop and take a time to reflect and think. So that is what I will be doing.

The book I am reading is "Stop Acting Like A Christian, And Just Be One."
The 31 day devotional is all about how and what to BE.

Day 1.
BE: Whole

Today was all about being whole. Not just being a Christian on the outside, but being full of layers. The innermost layer of our soul should be completely Christ like. We can become consumed with putting on layers that make us look Christ like but until we are transformed at our core those layer can be stripped away and we are left looking empty.

Today I am reflecting on taking off empty layers and building into the layers of substance.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful devotional, I'll have to go look for it. I am always on the look out for one.

    ReplyDelete