Saturday, October 2, 2010

Backhanded Compliment

Here's the back story: There is a men's conference at church next weekend. It is the first ever so everyone is trying to throw the testosterone around pretty thick up there. One of the things that many of the guys are doing is not shaving until the conference. So what did I do? I took that challenge (kinda.) We all know that there is no way I could ever grow full facial hair. It would look like a hot mess. So I told Mandi that I was doing it just to get a rise out of her. I haven't shaved since Tuesday when I went to work. And just as I thought, it is nasty. So while she is at work today I will shave it off. She will be thrilled.

So here is the compliment, even though it was not intended that way: Last night when she got home from work she was on one couch and I was on the other. Then she looked at me and said, "You need to shave, your face looks like you have dirt on it." There it is! Many wouldn't see the silver lining there but I did. She noticed my scruff from across the living room. Mission accomplished!

p.s. I'm thinking about leaving the stash as a tribute to Dan Stark. If you don't know who Dan Stark is shame on you. He is one of the cops on the new series Good Guys on Fox. Great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment